The American Club Introduction
In 1918 The American Club became home to single immigrant workers looking for work and a place to live. Along with a pub, bowling alley and barbershop, The American Club also offered lessons in American citizenship and the English language. The immigrants got a private room, laundry service and 3 meals a day for $27.50 a month. In 1978 The American Club was added to the National Register of Historic Places and underwent much needed repairs. In 1981 it reemerged as a full-service 5 star hotel preserving its history, and keeping with its Tudor style redbrick building. The American Club has become an award-winning destination not only for its renowned hospitality but also for its golf.